Enjoy a nice cold bowl of soup on a hot day! This bowl of gazpacho will not only jazz up your taste buds but will also fill you up with vitamins and nutrients. Thanks to Chef Kurt Spataro of Paragary’s Bar & Oven for this beautifully simply yet incredibly delicious gazpacho recipe!
Paragary’s Bar & Oven is one of the more than 60 restaurants participating in our EatSMART fundraising campaign. Dine and donate this September to support our food literacy programs.
Yield: 8 bowls of soup (8 ounces each)
- 3 cloves organic (California-grown) garlic, very finely minced
- 1 small organic red onion, finely chopped
- 8 large or 12 medium sized very ripe organic (California-grown) summer tomatoes, (about 4 lbs) roughly chopped and run through a food mill
- 1 organic English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh organic mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar (locally-made “O” brand)
- salt and pepper
- ice water
Combine all ingredients and thin with ice water to desired consistency. Taste for salt and vinegar. This is also excellent with the addition of cubed watermelon or any orange-fleshed melon.
Hello! We hope you made and enjoyed this recipe provided by Executive Chef Kurt Spataro! Please note that all photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Gazpacho on Food Literacy Center’s website. Thank you!