Our organization is ready to grow and increase programs for the
kids we serve. The cooking school is built and paid for by the
Sacramento City Unified School District, so every new dollar
raised goes towards programs for our kids and community.
Our new cooking school and garden is open! It is a 4,500
square foot green building that will have a cooking classroom for
30 students in addition to a 1-acre learning garden and nature
space for active play.
What We Need
This space gives us expanded capacity for more programs with more
classroom space and food storage. But we need new funding to help
make new programs possible! New funds will:
- Develop new garden and outdoor curriculum lessons
- Expand hands-on cooking and nutrition curriculum
- Expand off-site food literacy classes at other SCUSD schools
- Buy cooking and gardening supplies
- Develop more garden areas for kids and the community
- Purchase even more fruits & vegetables
- Continued mission support & more!