Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
This beautiful and mouth-watering squash salad comes to us courtesy of Executive Chef Kurt Spataro of the Paragary Restaurant Group. This salad has a balance of sweet, savory and tart flavors, as well as the balance of textures. You’ll experience an explosion of flavors in just one bite!
Paragary’s Cafe Bernardo is a participating restaurant of our dineSMART program. You can support our mission by dining at their restaurant and ordering the menu item highlighted with our name! A portion of the proceeds from every sponsored dish sold goes to Food Literacy Center.
Roasted Delicata Squash Salad Recipe
- 1 medium Delicata squash, peeled, seeded, and halved lengthwise
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4” slices
- 1/4 cup bacon, cut into 1/4” batons
- 2 Tbsp pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced radicchio
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Canola Oil for cooking
- Cook bacon until fat renders and bacon has nicely browned. The bacon should have a chewy texture after cooking.
- Saute the apple slices in the canola oil until lightly browned. Toss the squash in 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash on a baking sheet in a 400-degree oven until lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, pour off the bacon fat from the sauté pan and add the shallot. Cook briefly to soften. Add the vinegar and remaining olive oil to warm.
- In a mixing bowl, gently toss the ingredients together and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Arrange the salads on two serving plates and serve.
Hello! We hope you made and enjoyed this recipe provided by Kurt Spataro! Please note that all photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Roasted Delicata Squash Salad on Food Literacy Center’s website. Thank you!