Family Winner Turkey Meatloaf
To many Americans, meatloaf evokes warmth, family, and home-cooking. This quintessential American comfort food has European origins, and each family typically has its own way of preparing it.
Our first Supermom, Suzanne Luce, graciously provided us with her own turkey meatloaf recipe that is packed with fresh herbs to add that kick of flavor and healthy vitamins.
It is aptly named because it is a dish that the whole family will happily enjoy and request again and again!
Yield: serves 4-6
Family Winner Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- ½ red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs (combination of basil, parsley, and oregano)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the tomato sauce. After mixing well, transfer the ingredients into a square baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- After taking it out of the oven immediately spread the tomato sauce over the top before slicing and serving.
Recipe courtesy Suzanne Luce
Hello! We hope you made and enjoyed this recipe from our Your Sandwich Can Save the World! Food Literacy Curriculum! Please note that all photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Family Winner Turkey Meatloaf on Food Literacy Center’s website. Thank you!