Become a dineSMART Restaurant
Food Literacy Center partners with the best local restaurants to align our strong brand with those restaurants that share our vision of vegetable-forward, seasonal dishes. We know that our affluent, healthy-eating donor audience supports the businesses that support us. Our dineSMART campaign offers restaurants the opportunity to show this audience their commitment by giving back to our mission while also doing what restaurants do best: feed customers.
Each restaurant selects a veggie-forward dish, and a portion of the proceeds (either $1 or 10%) benefits the Food Literacy Center. Menu items are updated quarterly. These donations, collected monthly, support our mission of inspiring kids to eat their vegetables by teaching cooking and nutrition to at-risk kids in low-income elementary schools. This isn’t a one-time event, but an ongoing campaign designed to showcase the community partnership between our aligned brands.
NEW: New dineSMART partners will receive a complimentary restaurant marketing partnership with Visit Sacramento.
WHAT WE’RE ASKING FROM YOU
- One veggie-forward dish on the menu that benefits Food Literacy Center
- $1 or 10% of proceeds for each dish sold
- Mention of partnership on menu, social media, or email newsletter
- Quarterly menu updates including high quality photo
- Monthly payments via our website or we can supply an invoice
WHAT WE WILL PROMISE TO YOUR RESTAURANT
- Logo on dineSMART webpage as partner
- Logo on printed dineSMART materials as partner
- Quarterly social media mentions as a dineSMART partner (Facebook 5,243 , Instagram 3,052, Twitter 2,428 as of 4/30/19)
- Quarterly listing in email newsletter to more than 4k supporters
- Online toolkit with kid photos, mission moments, and impact stories
- Quarterly email with donations totals, stories, and updates to participating restaurants
- Quarterly in-studio cooking demo media pitches (rotating across dineSmart participants)
- Media partnerships with Entercom Radio, Sacramento365, and Visit Sacramento to promote dineSMART partners
- Window sticker showcasing your support of Food Literacy Center
- NEW: Visit Sacramento offers new participants complementary restaurant partnership
LET’S GET STARTED!
Ready to join dineSMART, it’s easy to sign up!
- Complete the dineSMART application for simple enrollment
- Submit your menu item and high quality photo
As an dineSMART participant, you are on the front line of food education. Together, we can reach even more of Sacramento’s children most in need of our help and continue to expand an ever-widening circle of advocates for food literacy.
Thank you for your continued support in helping our community thrive.