“The Third Plate” Celebrations
Sacramento’s One Book
We are pea pod pleased to announce that Food Literacy Center is partnering with the Sacramento Public Library and America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital on this year’s city-wide One Book selection, ‘The Third Plate,’ by chef and author Dan Barber, who argues for changing eating habits to promote sustainable agriculture.
We’re also bringing Dan Barber to Sacramento on October 6th to speak at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria in a free public event in conversation with Chief Food Genius, Amber Stott.
We will be celebrating the concepts presented in ‘The Third Plate’ during September and October. Check out how you can join us!
October 6 – One Book “The Third Plate” Events
ONE NIGHT. TWO EVENTS.
This event is SOLD OUT!
5:00 pm — Fruit-to-Root Pre-Party presented by Raley’s
This event highlights the Sacramento Region’s celebrated culinary talent and the green, water-wise ingredients that come from our local farms. Proceeds from the Fruit-to-Root Pre-Party benefit Food Literacy Center. Learn More.
6:00 PM — Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott
Dan Barber & Chief Food Genius Amber Stott will sit down to discuss concepts such as drought-tolerant foods, food waste, and much more! Learn More.
Fruit-to-Root Pre-Party & Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott
- EARLY BIRD PRICE – $55 – Available on August 3 at 9 am ($65 starting August 7)
- Admission to Fruit-to-Root Pre-Party at 5pm
- FREE seating for Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott (if desired)
- Bites from our region’s best chefs
- 1 free drink (More available for purchase) – themed by Sac’s top bartenders
- Music from TEDx Sacramento Violinist-Looper Joe Kye
- AND MORE!
VIPea Sponsor Event
Become a sponsor and get the VIPea treatment! Contact Community Relations Officer: Melissa Granville at email@example.com to learn how to become a sponsor.
VIPea Ticket Includes:
- FREE admission to Fruit-to-Root Pre-Party at 5pm
- VIPea seating for Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott
- Special bites from our region’s best chefs
- FREE drinks – themed by Sac’s top bartenders
- FREE Inglorious Fruit & Veggie CSA
- Signed copy of Dan Barber’s book, “The Third Plate”
- Opportunity to meet Chef Dan Barber & Sac’s own VIPea Chefs
FREE Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott
- Admission to Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott at 6:00 pm
- Seating for Dan Barber in Conversation with Amber Stott
- No-host bar and snack bar
***NOTE: Doors close at 6 pm for this event, and all free seats, even those reserved, will be given away on a first-come, first served basis if not claimed at the door starting at 6 pm.
MORE FENNEL FUN
September 12 – Fruit-to-Root Food Literacy Fair
Our fifth annual food literacy fair is kicked up a nopal notch this year! We’re teaming up with America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, Sacramento Public Library & NeighborWorks to create Sacramento’s first zero-waste farmers market at Oak Park Farmers Market! Join us for this FREE, ground-breaking event! Learn More.
October – One Book Events
October is packed full of FREE public events to celebrate Sacramento’s One Book. Learn More.
‘The Third Plate’ concepts are not just for adults. Throughout the months of September & October, Food Literacy Center will feature special programming around sustainable agriculture, water conservation and food waste in our after-school programs and libraries throughout Sacramento, plus ’Third Plate’ kids cooking classes throughout the region!