Yield: Two 12 ounce servings.
- 1 cup Fat-Free Milk
- 1/2 cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 large Banana
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- Throw everything in the blender and hang on tight while it works through those mango chunks. You may need to stop, give it a little stir, and start it up again.
- There’s no ice or juice in this smoothie — it’s not necessary. The frozen fruit is cold enough! (Frozen blueberries are just as nutritious as fresh ones — but are a lot cheaper).
- Obviously you can tweak this recipe in tons of different ways… but I find that with this as a starting point, I end up with a tasty smoothie every time!
Each serving: 244 cal, 0.5g sat fat, 4g total fat, 84mg sodium, 39g carbs, 27g sugar, 6.6g fiber, and 18g protein.
Andrew Wilder believes that healthy eating doesn’t have to suck. He writes about being a “healthy foodie,” food politics, nutrition, and lots more at Eating Rules. You can also find him on Twitter and Facebook.
Hello! We hope you made and enjoyed this recipe from our Your Sandwich Can Save the World! Food Literacy Curriculum! Please note that all photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Blueberry-Mango Smoothie on Food Literacy Center’s website. Thank you!
© 2016 Food Literacy Center. All rights reserved. Do not copy or share without written permission.