Veggie Recipe Kit Distributions
Sponsored by Whole Foods Market
Since schools shut down due to COVID-19, we have been providing our curriculum and cooking lessons online and distributing at-home cooking kits for our former afterschool students. This summer, we continue to provide Veggie Recipe Kits to students at the schools we serve so they can cook a healthy meal for their family and practice their food literacy skills at home. These students are food and nutrition insecure.
Our Veggie Recipe Kits include:
– Fresh veggie ingredients for the kids to make a healthy recipe
to serve a family of 4
- Broccoli & Potato Taco Recipe designed by student at Pacific Elementary
– Crayons & coloring sheets
- Farmers Market, Market Match and P-EBT benefit information
- Video links demonstrating the recipe
Good nutrition remains a vital priority especially during stressful times. When we’re healthy, our immune systems are stronger. Help us ensure our kids are well nourished this summer.
Thanks shallot to our partners at the Sacramento City Unified School District Nutrition Services Department and our sponsor Whole Foods Market!