Sacramento Food Film Festival Submission Information
Sacramento is one of only 7 cities that has a food film festival in the United States. Since its inception in 2012, the film festival has been a meeting place between filmmakers and viewers, and an important factor in enlivening local culture, building Sacramento’s image as America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, and fostering its’ attractiveness for tourism and contributing to overall economic development.
- We expect the 7th annual event to sell out at over 800 attendees
- The film festival is a proven tourist draw attracting an average of 803 attendees annually.
- In 2017, approximately 3% of attendees came from outside the state, and 49% traveled from other California cities, including 11% from the Bay Area.
- Food Literacy Center strategically partners with an average of 98 local businesses and restaurants and 68 volunteers to make the event a success every year.
- October 13, 2017: SUBMISSIONS OPEN
- January 1, 2018: OFFICIAL SHORT FILM ENTRY DEADLINE
- February 1, 2018: SELECTIONS ANNOUNCED
- April 11-15, 2018: 2018 SACRAMENTO FOOD FILM FESTIVAL
- Adults (19+) – $15
- Youth (18-under) – FREE**
Note: Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, are per film and are non-refundable. All entry fees will be set aside and distributed to the selected short film winners.
**Youth: Entry fees for youth will be waived upon receipt by the Sacramento Food Film Festival of a scanned copy of a current and valid student ID card or a letter from an accredited school verifying the entrant’s enrollment. A PDF or JPG file of this scan may be submitted through the online entry form.
HOW TO ENTER
Please make sure that you have thoroughly read the rules and key dates.
If your submission(s) adhere to the following rules and deadlines, please submit your short film by January 1, 2018.
Once your short film is submitted, it will be reviewed and we will notify you by February 1, 2018 if your film has been chosen. Winning selections will be screened at the 2018 Sacramento Food Film Festival.
Rules for Entry
The film must be in spoken or subtitled English
The short film must showcase a desire for healthy food, health, environment and economy. The short film(s) MUST be about food!
Language and content must be suitable for all age groups.
The official entry form must be completed entirely in order for your submission to be reviewed.
There is no limit to the amount of films you are able to submit. To submit more than one film, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Additional Film Submission” in the subject line with the private Vimeo link, password, and trailer.
The films presented at the 2018 Sacramento Food Film Festival are reviewed by a judging panel comprised of esteemed members of the food and film communities.
If your film is selected, you will be notified by email.Screening
The selected films will be shown during the 2018 Sacramento Food Film Festival, April 11-15, 2018.
You will be notified by March 1, 2018 of the official screening dates for the winning films.
Short Film Awards
Qualified short films must meet the following criteria:
- 20 minutes or less in spoken or subtitled English
- Short film showcases our desire for healthy food and lasting food systems change
- Language and content is acceptable for all ages.
Short films will be honored in several categories:
- Local Farm to Fork: Films should be shot within the Sacramento-area, including Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, Yuba or Sutter counties.
- American & International: Open to all films based outside of the local Sacramento-area.
- Youth: Open to young and aspiring filmmakers 18 years old and under.