One Book Sacramento a Shishito Pepper Success!
From chefs and farmers to librarians and business leaders, the room was filled with people committed to changing our local food system and creating a healthier community for our kids. The enthusiasm for this work was palpable by the joyful energy.
$41,085! This means more low-income kids will be able to receive our cooking and nutrition classes for free! Thank you!
Check out the pics from the event here!
What People Are Saying
“Hearing Dan Barber was great, but I especially liked how our local restaurants were coalesced around his Third Plate food notions. The chefs really came through and seemed really invested in what they had prepared and were serving.”
“Wow, what a great production!”
“You guys are truly impressive — I thought for sure you must have had an event planner. Everything just seemed so smooth and professional looking. AWESOME!!”
Amaranth applause to our partners!
An edible weed whoop of joy to our chefs!
- Brenda Ruiz, Biba Restaurant
- Randall Selland, Selland Family Restaurants
- Ravin Patel, Selland Family Restaurants
- Kelly McCown, Selland Family Restaurants
- Kurt Spataro, Paragary Restaurant Group
- Scott Ostrander, Paragary Restaurant Group
- Michael Tuohy, Legends Hospitality
- Chris Tucker, Hook & Ladder Manufacturing Co.
- Brad Peters, Hock Farm Craft & Provisions
- Ed Roehr, Magpie
- Brian Mizner, Hook & Ladder Manufacturing Co.
- Ian McBride, Lucca
- Oliver Ridgeway, The Grange
- Billy Ngo, Kru Contemporary Japanese & Fish Face
- Tyler Bond, Kru Contemporary Japanese
- Kathi Riley Smith
- Rick Mahan, The Waterboy & OneSpeed
- Jay Veregge, Ten22
- Eric Alexander, Carpe Vino
- Mike Lim, Frank Fat’s
- Cesar Cienfuegos, UC Davis Dining Services
- Sal Gagliano, UC Davis Dining Services
- Liza Madigan, Federalist Public House & Beer Garden
Cactus Cartwheels of gratitude to our sponsors!
- Atlas Disposal
- Barry & Lynda Keller
- California Endive
- Corbin Cash
- Dan & Renae Best
- Downtown Railyards Venture
- Elliott’s Natural Foods
- Paragary Restaurant Group
- Pomegranate Design
- The Honey Agency
- The Waterboy
- UC Davis
Spaghetti squash special thanks to the following supporters:
Farm Fresh to You, Del Rio Botanical, River Dog Farm, Grass Valley Grains, Orland Farmstead, Vierra Farms, Yeung Farms, Passmore Ranch, Twin Peaks Orchards, Sparrow Lane, Larsen Apple Barn, Full Belly Farm, Azolla Farm, Redwood Hill Creamery, California Olive Ranch, TruRoots, Superior Farms, WholeVine, Rainbow Mealworms, UC Davis Student Farm, Azteca Milling, Rancho Gordo, Emigh Ranch Lamb, Soil Born Farms, Four Tines Farm, Brian Jackson, Jr. & The Real West Coast Rhythm, Green Restaurants Alliance of Sacramento, Hoppy Brewing Company, Jazcat Mobile Entertainment, Jim Mills, Joseph Kye, Produce Express, Queue App, ReGrained, Ruhstaller, and Bailarín Cellars.
Epazote enthusiasm to our tireless event committee:
Elena Ruiz & Justin Nordan, Dan Allison, Kiko Barr, Susan Benson, Gregory Berger, Mellissa Cleveland-Paino, Cathy Crosthwaite, Lori Easterwood, Elaine Lander, Rachael Lankford, Hana Lee, Heather Mendez, Kyle Privette, Nicole Rogers, Brenda Ruiz, Rivkah Sass, Sandi Stewert, Ben Thomas.