As a small, start-up nonprofit, we rely on wonderful watercress interns to help us with various tasks. Help us inspire more kids to eat their vegetables by joining our team today!
Please note: our internships are currently unpaid.
Thank you for being interested in internship opportunities. Our current applications are closed. If you are interested in a program internship with Food Literacy Center in the future, please fill out our interest form and be the first to know when we post positions. You can always become a volunteer to gain experience and connect with our program and our community.
Do you love eating your veggies? Do you want to help share our story and give kids a healthier future? If so, join our team at Food Literacy Center and get ready to jumpstart your communication experience in a fast-paced environment where kids’ health comes first.
We inspire kids to eat their vegetables. We teach elementary children in low-income schools cooking, nutrition, gardening, and active play to improve our health, community and environment.
What’s required to become one of our amazing unpaid Communications Interns:
- Detail oriented & highly organized
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Basic interest in nutrition & food systems
- Able to commit through summer 2021 (June – September)
- Ability to follow direction & branding guidelines
- Available occasional weekends & evenings (as needed with advance notice)
- Reliable transportation & ability to work remotely
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok preferred)
- Ability to multitask and take initiative when necessary
- Capable of maintaining a joyful personality, even under stress
- You will be assisting the Brand & Development Director with community outreach.
As a startup non-profit with limited staff everyone wears multiple hats. We have big things coming in 2021 including a podcast, book, and opening of our new cooking school. A communications intern will be crucial to helping us reach our donation and outreach goals.
You would work alongside staff and volunteers to draft communications, develop social media content calendars, assist with research, request print/production quotes, promote events, and update web pages, The communications intern will assist with external communications for partners, donors, supporters, and media.
Other duties will include basic graphic design, amateur photography, proofreading, and errands as needed.
If you believe in our mission to inspire kids to eat their vegetables, apply by May 1, 2021. In your cover letter, let us know what an awesome person like you can bring to our organization. If we like what we see, you’ll move to the second round (proofreading and writing test), then the third round of phone interviews.
Send the following by May 1, 2021 to email@example.com, subject: Communications Internship.
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples. Maximum of 1 page each. Examples: media release/advisory, partial research paper from a job/class, blog post, article or other written contribution.
- Bonus: link to an Instagram or social media account for which you’re responsible for creating content