2016 Sacramento Food Film Festival Submission Information
How to Enter
Please make sure that you have thoroughly read the rules and deadlines.
If your submission(s) adhere to the following rules and deadlines, please submit your film by February 26, 2016.
Once your film is submitted, it will be reviewed and we will notify you by March 4th, 2016 if your film has been chosen. Winning selections will be screened at the 2016 Sacramento Food Film Festival.
Rules for Entry
The film must be in spoken or subtitled English
The film must showcase our food system’s joy and desire for healthy food, health, environment and community.
Language and content must be suitable for all age groups.
The official entry form must be completed entirely in order for your submission to be reviewed.
There is no limit to the amount of films you are able to submit. To submit more than one film, please contact email@example.com with “Additional Film Submission” in the subject line with the private Vimeo link, password, and trailer.
The films presented at the 2016 Sacramento Food Film Festival are reviewed by a judging panel comprised of esteemed members of the food and film communities.
If your film is selected, you will be notified by email.
The selected films will be shown during the 2016 Sacramento Food Film Festival, April 7-16, 2016.
You will be notified by March 1, 2016 of the official screening dates for the winning films.
Short Film Awards
Qualified short films must meet the following criteria:
- 10 minutes or less in spoken or subtitled English
- Short film showcases our food system’s joy and desire for healthy food and lasting change
- Language and content is acceptable for all ages.
Short films will be honored in several categories:
- Local Farm to Fork: Films should be shot within the Sacramento-area, including Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, Yuba or Sutter counties.
- American & International: Open to all films based outside of the local Sacramento-area.
- Youth: Open to young and aspiring filmmakers 18 years old and under.
The winning short films will be shown at the premiere of the Sacramento Food Film Festival on April 7.