Celebrate Food Day on October 24th
Food Literacy Center is celebrating Food Day on October 24th with 3 festive library programs reaching 120 elementary aged kids in Sacramento. We partnered with the Sacramento Public library to inspire more children in the community to eat their veggies.
“Learning about food should be fun. We’ve found that when children help prepare what’s on their plate, they’re more likely to eat it,” said Amber Stott. “By partnering with the Food Day activities across the nation, together, we’re bringing attention to the problem of childhood obesity in a way that’s fun so families will remember the solutions.”
Join Food Literacy Center for a lesson on Food Day:
- Galt Public Library at 3:30 pm: Apple science lesson
- Colonial Heights Libray at 3:30 pm: Trick or Treat
- Del Paso Library at 4 pm: Chips, Dips and Party Tricks
Amber will also be participating in a panel discussion following a screening of the newly released movie Fed Up in the Sacramento State University Union, Redwood Room from 5 pm ‐ 7pm.
- Amber Stott (Food Literacy Center)
- Shawn Harrison/Janet Zeller (Soil Born Farm)
- Kristin Kiesel (Sac State, Economics)
- Moderator: Elaine Corn (Food writer, editor and author)
All Food Day events are open and free and open to the public! Please contact Kristin Kiesel firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details and questions regarding the panel.